Client Claim Service:
If you need to report an accident or loss, we're here to help you with filing a claim. Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns throughout the claim process.
To file a claim, have your policy number handy, along with the details of the accident or loss, and call the claims number below for your insurance carrier:
What to do after an auto accident:
1) Turn on your vehicle's hazard lights.
2) Contact 911 for Emergency Medical Service and Police. Be prepared to give your detailed location such as highway mile marker or nearest intersection.
3) Do not apologize even if you think it was your fault. The police will determine who or what caused the accident.
4) For each driver involved, collect the following:
- name, address, phone number
- drivers license number
- insurance carrier, policy number, and name of insured if different than driver
5) For each vehicle involved, collect the following:
- license plate number
- vehicle description (year, make, model, color), or take pictures
6) If police don't respond to the accident (such as on private property or no injuries) file a police report to protect yourself.
What to do after a homeowners loss:
(from theft, fire, wind damage, flood, etc)
1) Call our office (419-855-9089) to report the loss and start the claim process.
2) Stay out of your home until it's safe to re-enter, then assess the damages.
- Fire - don't enter your home until the fire department says its safe.
- Theft - call the police to file a report. Change all locks. Call your credit card companies as soon as possible to report any cards stolen.
- Weather related - electric, gas and water utilities should be kept off until all have been inspected.
- Flood - make sure your home is structurally sound before re-entering.
3) Take pictures of any damage. Make a list of all damaged or stolen personal property.
4) Take steps to prevent further damage to your property. For example, cover a damaged roof or board up broken windows and doors.
5) Keep receipts of everything you purchase to replace lost, damaged or stolen items.